Sunday 2 October 2011

A new beginning

Last week was not good for me, I felt ill, I was tired and my performance as a teacher dropped significantly but it was just the kick up the backside I needed to push myself forward.
It is a new week and a new me. I am going to more authoritative, more assertive and more self-confident in myself so that I can push onto that next step.
The first couple of weeks I did fine but I want to do more than fine now, I have had time to settle in and now it is time to become good, pushing for even better.
My mentor noticed a slip in my standards last week and ill or not, that is not acceptable so it won't happen again!
And this is the perfect week to put things right. I have a reading day tomorrow, followed by two university training days so in affect it has given me a week out of the classroom, a week away from the children so I can come back on Thursday with a new front. A strict front.
As part of a new me, I am going to try and ban tv in the evenings (except football) to concentrate on my work. Get a massive head start in assignments etc and spend my spare time watching Teachers TV and scrolling the internet for good ideas. Or of course do the extra reading every PGCE student should be doing!
Tomorrow is day one, lets see how long this intention can last.

2 comments:

  1. I wish you luck. I'm sure you'll be able to increase your standards and it is great that you are determined to do so.

    One thing I would say, however, is that you need to have some time to relax and think about things other than teaching too. Otherwise, you'll burn out. Don't cut out all your pleasure/personal time. I genuinely believe it will become counterproductive. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Tuesday and I have already learnt that lol, I have had a brilliant start to my newfound entusiasm but there is only so much the brain can cope with. I have been taking breaks when I get tired but haven't wasted whole days/evenings lounging around.
    I usually find an hour break is perfect and I am good to go again. That along with early nights and I seem to be doing well.

    ReplyDelete