Saturday 29 October 2011

How to 'switch back on'

The half-term has been great and really given me a time to relax but now that it is getting close to Monday I am finding it really hard to 'switch back on' to teaching.
I find that I am making any excuse to pospone work (even writing this post is putting off lesson planning) and I need to get back into the right frame of mind.
Of course I have still done a lot of work during the week but it has always been when I feel like it so it hasn't seemed like I have been working at all.
My intention was to work hard yesterday, which didn't happen, and to work for three hours today before the football started. Well it is now less than two hours until football begins so that has been dramatically cut as well.
I know when I am back in school it will be fine but I need to nail down so I do not enter for my first lesson unprepared.
Lets hope writing this all down will kickstart me back into working mode.

1 comment:

  1. Visualise a particular lesson which went really well last half term. Hold the thought for a few minutes, live in the experience, then start work. Should get the thought processes kick started by recollecting a positive experience.

    Alternatively, spend a moment living in a lesson which didn't go well because of bad planning and scare yourself.

    I prefer the first option, personally! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete