Tuesday 11 October 2011

An I love teaching day :)

Today was definitely one of those days that makes you think all this hard work is worth while and you come home loving teaching.
All I wanted to do when I got home was blog about it because I enjoyed it that much!
It all started with my first ever maths lesson, which I was so nervous about (especially after the disaster of my first literacy lesson). But I managed to take in all the feedback from that, put it into practice and the outcome was amazing.
All the children were listening, the classroom was a quiet place (although not too quiet) and the children were enjoying their work. The feedback was brilliant as well and instead of concentrating around me like before, it was about how I could set differentiated work so the children got more out of it.
Then came the unexpected call to cover a teacher during their PPA. Without time to think about it, I was cast into the ICT room and with a largely unfamiliar class I was able to control them and guide them in the right direction, I was really beginning to feel like a proper teacher!
With my confidence high I knew my literacy group work would go well but I didn't realise how well it would go.
The children were engaged all lesson, coming up with brilliant ideas and really pushing themselves.
This was topped off by the feeling of really getting through to one of the more problematic children.
At the end they were so proud of their work, saying how much they had enjoyed the lesson and what a nice surprise it was for them to do that amount of work in one literacy lesson.
Add playground duty and after-school football to that list and it all made for a very busy day but without doubt, the best day so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment