Wednesday 21 September 2011

Still afloat in the deep end

Last night all my worries centred around one 15 minute slot of French I had to teach tomorrow but that was deemed instantly irrelevant this morning when I got the dreaded message that my class teacher would be off sick.
With no supply it meant I was thrown right in the deep end and had to organise the class for the whole day.
Luckily I was given a cover teacher to lead the three main sessions but registration, guided reading, handwriting and home time I was in charge and it was scary!
At the same time it was really enjoyable and has given me instant confidence in leading the class.
For a first day the discipline was pretty good and the class did as I wanted them (although some needed a few reminders).
For the first time I now feel like a real teacher with real responsibilities, which is great and although I didn't do everything perfect, I coped and have a strong foundation to build upon.
The only problem now is I am feeling ill, with what I would think is the illness that kept the class teacher off all day.
I just pray I can fight it off and go into school tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment