Thursday 8 September 2011

Confidence grows ... again

I have loved the first two days of having the children in as it is so good to feel your confidence grow all the time.
The first day I was in my shell, the second inset I got better and then to my surprise it continued to grow when the children came in.
Right up to the final minutes I was so nervous about looking after the class, but before I knew it I had 25 kids in front of me and I had to entertain them.
That was the best thing that could have happened as straight away they knew who I was. 
There was obviously hard times in the last couple of days where children haven't done what I have said but that has got less and I seem to have more authority now.
It all finished with me reading out the class book today and every kid was engrossed with the story. It was a great feeling to see them all listening.
Of course I have been helped out by a brilliant mentor teacher who has kept on top of them and is already proving an inspiration of ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment