Wednesday 17 August 2011

The 'back to school' feeling

I am not sure what it is about August but it has the ability to make pens, paper, pencils and even diaries exciting, creating that distinctive 'back to school' feeling.
It is a feeling I had almost forgot about after five years away from school but it all came flooding back when I went shopping for the university essentials.
Buoyed on by creating this blog, I thought it was time that I went to get my pens, papers, highlighters etc. needed for the PGCE course.
But, being a student again, it had to be done on a budget and I managed to find some real bargains out there.
A trip to Wilkinsons later and I was equipped with a 10p ruler, 30p pencil case, 20p rubber (although forgot the pencil to go with it) and a pack of highlighters for under £1.  Then after a slight detour to Poundland I had a complete academic diary and a notepad ready to work on.
It might not seem much but I at least now feel ready to complete the one week introduction course at university, where I am sure I will be made aware of the hundreds of things I have forgotten before the term begins in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment